Maintain the luster of your gold jewelry by avoiding exposure to cleaning products, including bleach, which causes gold to discolor and possibly disintegrate. We advise removing your gold jewelry when engaging in the following activities:
- Household chores such as cleaning, repairs, and gardening
- Showering, bathing or swimming in pools, hot tubs, hot springs, and the ocean
- Using lotion, hair products, fragrances, and other cosmetics
- Exercising at the gym or participating in contact sports
- Preparing meals
How to Clean Gold and Platinum Jewelry
- Place your gold or platinum jewelry into the Mimi So jewelry cleaner solution. Looking for a home-made solution? Mix a few drops of mild dish soap in a bowl of warm.
- Soak the jewelry in the solution for a few minutes, longer if it's very dirty.
- Gently scrub your jewelry with a new, baby-size, soft toothbrush. Using a new soft-bristle brush, such as a baby toothbrush, gently brush behind the settings and in-between crevices to remove any debris.
- To rinse, place the item in a new container of lukewarm water.
- Blot dry and shine your gold or platinum jewelry with a polishing cloth.
We recommend bringing your Mimi So jewelry in for complimentary professional cleaning and inspection twice a year. Contact us at 212-300-8620 or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.